Supply Chain Logistics Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 8, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 26 million members across 1,500 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
Hinge Health Hybrid Model:
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. Employees in Hybrid roles are expected to be in office 1 day/week (Wednesdays) in hub locations that have an office, and may be expanded to 2 days in 2024.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Inbound Logistics Manager to join our team. As the Inbound Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of inbound logistics operations, including supplier/carrier and 3PL management, ERP integration and implementation, inbound cost reduction, program support, and optimizing logistics solutions for efficient inbound shipping. Your expertise in logistics and supply chain management will be instrumental in ensuring smooth and cost-effective inbound processes.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive routing guide for onboarding new and existing suppliers to Hinge Health, ensuring efficient inbound shipments.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, carriers, and third-party logistics providers (3PLs) to ensure smooth operations and high service levels.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal teams to ensure compliance with inbound shipping requirements, including coordinating international shipping needs.
- Lead the integration and implementation of inbound logistics processes within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, with a focus on NetSuite.
- Optimize inbound logistics processes to achieve cost reduction goals and improve overall efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support program initiatives, including participation in CM implementation projects and other logistics-related projects.
- Oversee the inbound receipt process in the ERP system, ensuring accurate transaction and collection of logistic data and closure of purchase order transactions.
- Evaluate and select the most optimal logistics solutions for inbound shipments, considering factors such as cost, efficiency, and service quality.
- Maintain and capture logistics cost data dashboard reporting.
- Continuously monitor and assess supplier performance and logistics service providers, implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in inbound logistics processes, identifying opportunities to streamline operations, reduce manual tasks, and enhance efficiency.
- Provide guidance and support to the logistics team, ensuring adherence to established procedures and standards.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and best practices in inbound logistics and recommend improvements or changes as needed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field. Advanced degree or certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in inbound logistics management, preferably in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supplier/carrier and 3PL management, ERP systems (NetSuite preferred), and inbound cost reduction strategies.
- Proficient in using logistics software and systems for routing, tracking, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize inbound logistics processes, driving cost savings and operational efficiency.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams, suppliers, and logistics partners.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and precision in data analysis and reporting.
- Proactive and results-driven mindset, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge of international trade regulations, export compliance, and customs requirements is a plus.
- Previous experience in the healthcare or medical device industry is preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- In Office Perks: Daily lunch, coffee/tea and office snacks, and weekly social hours.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Hinge Health, you acknowledge that Hinge Health will collect, use, and process your information as part of our job application process. For more information on how Hinge Health processes your personal information, click here to view our Applicant and Personnel Privacy Notice.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the U.S. FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not send resumes via email*