Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Networking)
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Work From Anywhere
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs. For this position we require the individual to reside in one of the following areas: Austin, Portland.
About the Role
Site Reliability Engineers at Hinge Health are software engineers assuming the responsibility for all operational aspects of the Hinge Health runtime platform, including automation for self-service provisioning and configuring environments, containers, logging, monitoring, alerting, and relevant compliance and security automation associated with the platform. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly collaborative, cross functional environment.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Nodejs, TypeScript, Nestjs, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, Aptible, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Apollo, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Enable others by creating automation, tools, and collaborative workflow processes for engineers to ramp up new capabilities
- Own platform, networking and infrastructure configuration and deployment
- Ensure all systems are appropriately auditable, with automation for supplying evidence
- Enhance and automate failover capability and resiliency to fault conditions
- Implement exhaustive testing, logging and monitoring with relevant alerting
- Actively manage risk and prioritize vital infrastructure work
- Assist with automating continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Aid with automated system-wide testing efforts (smoke testing)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years of SRE focused projects involving process automation and systems administration
- 4+ years of experience managing distributed network infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience architecting infrastructure in Amazon Web Services including automating the provisioning, deployment, and scaling of AWS resources using tools such as Terraform.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Expertise with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP and ISIS
- Experience defining and implementing best practices for AWS architecture, including security, performance, and cost optimization.
- Programming expertise with a high-level language such as Python
- Experience with production Docker-based software deployments
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams
- Work on projects and respond to escalations simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Prior experience with healthcare data (PHI/PII/HIPAA requirements)
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience as a Network Engineer
- Prior experience with PKI and/or cybersecurity
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?