Director of Procurement (Remote)
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new healthcare system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic procurement leader to establish, lead, and manage the procurement function. In this exciting newly created role, the Director of Procurement is responsible for setting the procurement strategy and using their experience to engage directly in critical transactions with the business. This leader will partner with all aspects of the business to build and improve business and purchasing processes.
Description of an Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully managed the procurement function in past roles, partnering closely with internal teams. This person has the enthusiasm and passion to navigate a fast growing company in a rapidly evolving environment. Additionally, this candidate is hands-on and is willing to be personally involved in all aspects of the procurement functions charter. This person can also bring an understanding of best practices and is capable of incorporating these solutions to build out first class processes.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and policies to support key business objectives
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers and vendors to ensure the organization gets the best possible prices and terms
- Establish a clear and accurate dashboard of spend, renewal dates, contracts and duplicative spend. Track and report on key procurement metrics
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure procurement aligns with the overall goals and objectives of the organization
- Develop standardized procedures and training documents for cross-functional teams
- Create a consistent ROI workflow to ensure proper return on investment for purchases
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of procurement experience, including a leadership role; public company experience required
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to multitask; an independent and flexible problem solver who can cope positively with ambiguity while maintaining strong attention to detail and speed
- Strong people management and vendor management skills with proven experience in contract negotiations
- Experience with building a vendor program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maintains both a proactive and positive attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate complex matters
- Professional certification in procurement
- Experience leading through an IPO process
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and G-Suite
- Experience with financial systems in a SaaS based environment
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?