Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs. For this position we require the individual to reside in one of the following areas: San Francisco.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled Hardware Test Development Engineer with a strong background in electrical engineering to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing test processes & systems and managing implementation for our NPI line and production functional test fixtures (FVT) and functional circuit testers (FCT). Also, the candidate will provide onsite and remote support to production fixtures located at our CM facilities.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field and will be proficient in Python and C# programming. Having basic knowledge of firmware and test flow optimization process will be a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Design, develop and manage implementation of test processes and systems (FCT/FVT) for medical and non-medical products under regulated industry
- Create and maintain test plans, test cases, and test reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful test execution
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts using Python and C#
- Debug test systems and perform root cause analysis of test failures
- Work with test development houses to develop and maintain test fixtures and test hardware
- Participate in design reviews to ensure testability of designs
- Develop optimized test flows to minimize test time and reduce costs
- Conduct test equipment validation, qualification and calibration
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with test equipment and test systems
- Oversee KPI production parameters (PY and OEE) for production fixtures in MFG
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in hardware test development
- Strong knowledge of design for test (DFT) principles
- Experience with FCT and FVT development for medical and non-medical products
- Proficient in Python and C# programming
- Basic firmware development knowledge
- Familiarity with test flow optimization techniques
- Hand-on experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, battery simulators, etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?