Senior Director, Corporate Communications (Remote)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Work From Anywhere
For this position the individual has the flexibility to work anywhere, within the US.
About the Role
The Senior Director of Communications will advance our efforts to build a world-class team and drive a drumbeat of strategic and compelling stories that win the hearts and minds of customers, investors, media, and employees. In this strategic and influential role, you’ll strengthen our position as the leader in a fast-growing market — an opportunity to shape the conversation about affordable, accessible, and delightful health care. And as part of the marketing and communications leadership team, you will contribute to overall company marketing strategy, and team development.
You have strong media relations experience and relationships, which you leverage to create and execute PR strategies that grow share of voice. You enjoy partnering with colleagues across functions to find great stories and craft compelling narratives. At various points in your career, you’ve advised, coached, or persuaded senior stakeholders to make results happen. You’re looking to join a company that tackles systemic challenges, and you want to be surrounded by peers who inspire you to learn and grow.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create and implement PR strategies for Hinge Health that advance our brand and position in the market
- Develop inspiring and differentiated narratives to promote product launches, business momentum, and growth initiatives
- Secure top-tier media coverage and awards, as well as speaking placements in notable events and forums
- Uncover stories of innovation and impact then amplify them through exclusives and trend stories
- Draft high-quality communication materials such as press releases, blog posts, executive bylines, briefing books, and FAQs
- Work with PR agency to get the most value out of the relationship, work effectively with consultant and contractors
- Contribute to the overall company leadership as a role model of collaboration and cooperation
- Develop and lead internal communications strategy, programs and crisis comms, partnering with HP/People, exec leaders and SMEs
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced: 11+ years in external communications (such as PR, corporate communications, public affairs, or media relations)
- Team management and collaboration: Manage talented team of ICs, contractors and PR agencies, and project lead for internal and external communications efforts
- Effective communicator: Exceptional communicator (written and verbal) across digital, print, video (and more) formats and channels
- Master storyteller: Translates complex topics into simple, inspiring narratives
- Strategic: Develops strategies, collaborates and guides executive leadership team and SMEs, steers media conversations and plans with the big picture in mind
- Empathetic: Understands audiences and tailors messages for maximum impact
- Influential: Aligns, motivates, and persuades stakeholders at all levels - especially at the executive level
- Resilient: Manages crisis with confidence and clarity
- Creative: Experiments with new ideas and proposes novel ways of looking at problems
- Experience in digital health, healthcare benefits, or fast-growing technology companies
- In-house PR experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?