Senior Director, Compliance (Remote)
Legal, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Work From Anywhere
Hinge Health Employees have the flexibility to work anywhere, within the country they are hired.
About the Role
Reporting to the company’s legal officer, the Senior Director of Compliance will lead the company’s Compliance function, with responsibility to provide strategic leadership, and advise business stakeholders on compliance matters, as well as privacy and information governance. This role will work closely with the Privacy Counsel, VP of Legal, and Chief Information Security Officer in the design, development, implementation, and management of compliance, privacy, and information governance programs and associated systems. In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the company. This leader is joining a pre-IPO company and is energized by the opportunity to build in and grow with a dynamic company.
Description of an Ideal Candidate
BA/BS and a minimum of 15 years of health care privacy and health care regulatory or compliance experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH (COMPLIANCE)
- Develop, implement and lead a Compliance Program that reflects the organization's unique characteristics.
- Advise the company’s Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors on strategic compliance matters and interface with external regulators as necessary.
- Coordinate and lead quarterly Compliance Committee meetings, which includes review risk and issue management, and accountability for action items to remediate risks or issues.
- Manage or oversee compliance projects and initiatives, including audits and inquiries (regulatory and internal), accreditations, risk assessments and audit readiness.
- Lead compliance monitoring to identify process gaps, validate compliance levels, map processes, and prepare reports or presentations for leadership.
- Implement and ensure adherence to Corporate Ethics, Privacy, Information Management and Compliance standards, which may include drafting, and adopting policies and procedures to support the business.
- Monitor global legal, regulatory, and business developments and industry privacy best practices as well as company strategies related to compliance to assess impact, and consult with stakeholders as a subject matter expert.
- Conduct investigations and create and enforce corrective action plans.
- Design and implement training program for new hires and annual training.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH (PRIVACY)
- In coordination with Privacy Counsel, provide leadership and guidance on privacy across all business functions, and the development, implementation, and management of the privacy program to ensure employees and other relevant stakeholders understand and act in compliance with applicable policies, relevant laws and regulations and the company’s code of conduct. Includes training; risk assessments/analysis, mitigation, and remediation; ongoing compliance monitoring; investigations and complaints management.
- Provide expertise regarding privacy issues, including regulations and practices related to HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA and other relevant privacy laws and regulation.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms and information notices and materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements, and serve as a resource to the organization for all privacy-related issues.
- Monitor the global legal, regulatory, and business developments and industry privacy best practices to evolve the privacy program through ensuring appropriate practices, processes, systems, and tools are in place and maintained to always support the business.
- Collaborate with the information security team to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, risk assessments, investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems department.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH (INFORMATION GOVERNANCE)
- Partner with the Chief Information Security Officer to provide leadership and guidance on information governance across all business functions.
- Lead the development, operations and maintenance of a comprehensive Information Policy and Governance Program, including compliance with all legal, regulatory, corporate, financial requirements, and retention and destruction schedules.
- Implement and ensure appropriate procedures for the creation, maintenance, archiving and destruction of all company information and serve as a resource regarding information governance best practices across the business.
- Collaborate and coordinate with appropriate business functions impacted by legal proceedings and audits.
- Identify vital records and establish guidelines to maintain business continuity after a disruption or disaster.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff
- CCB, CHC, HCISPP or CIPP Certification
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation
- Global Compliance Experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or Roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?