Senior Design Manager, Core App
Portland, OR, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs. For this position we require the individual to reside in one of the following areas: San Francisco, Portland or Seattle.
About the Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
The Sr. Design Manager for Core Application is a leadership role within the growing Hinge Health Design & UX org. This role will lead the teams responsible for our Core Application. This includes defining the strategic role the Core App plays, the integration with their Care Team, and capturing progress. You would be responsible for leading a team to create and deliver innovative design solutions that meet the needs of customers and the business. You would provide strategic direction, mentorship, and feedback to the team to ensure that the design vision is aligned with the company's goals. You would also collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that the design solution integrates well with the overall product strategy. Your focus would be on leading the team to deliver a core application that meets the needs of the business and delights customers.
Why would someone want this job? How will they grow? What’s the impact of their work?Besides an opportunity to help fellow humans reduce and eliminate pain!? The Hinge Health design team is rapidly growing and contributing to organizational success. There is ample opportunity to grow, develop & shape the team and its work.
Come join us. https://www.hingehealth.design/
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Grow and lead a talented team of designers, responsible for end-to-end product experiences and features for our Core Application across mobile and tablet.
- Manage the user experience design of multiple large-sized programs through leading a design team.
- Set vision for the organization and influence product strategic roadmap. Lead the discovery, strategize concept design and launch phases of a project.
- Champion user-centered design culture. Drive creative process and collaboration with cross-functional partners to propose new ideas and strategies.
- Provide coaching and feedback, with an emphasis on growing lead ICs and leadership capability.
- Create and drive adoption of design guidelines, mechanisms, best practices, process and tools.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8-10+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- 3+ years of experience managing at least 5 product designers
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of designers. Have strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others, delegate tasks effectively, and manage conflicts.
- Skilled in all aspects of product design, including sketching and digital design tools. You have a strong understanding of design principles, aesthetics, and user experience.
- Have a solid understanding of the business context in which you are working, including customer needs, market trends, and competitive landscape.
- Experience in hiring and leading design teams that deliver end-to-end experiences with large scope and complexity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to articulate design concepts and ideas clearly and persuasively to stakeholders, including executives, clients, and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in driving viable UX frameworks and product architectures in highly ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver mid-to-large-scale strategic design initiatives with a bias toward scalable systems and patterns.
- Track record of successfully building, growing and retaining senior design talent, promoting strong creative team culture.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals and stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Portfolio that showcases your strong skills in user experience, service, interaction and product design
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent. A combination of education and relevant work experience may also be considered.
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?