Lead Product Designer, Design Systems and Workflow Platform
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member's pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
About the Role
As a lead product designer for design systems, you will lead the charge building the connective thread that enables product teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling. This is a position that will have a huge impact on how our brand manifests in our products. As the Design System Lead you will be charged with owning and building a design system and its ongoing curation from the ground up for a rapidly designing team. As well as, bringing practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Own the design systems roadmap at Hinge Healths for either or our clinicians
- Drive the evolution of Hinge Healths visual language and interaction pattern library
- Manage implementation of the design system across the product ecosystem
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library
- Directly partner and support product designers in utilizing the design system
- Curate new patterns from design team suggestions and be the gatekeeper for the official cannon.
- Participate in user research and testing as needed to ensuring usability and product consistency
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models
- Reinforce consistency and coherence across our design system, and identify areas for improvements
- Build and maintain documentation for the design system that enables designer and developers to use the design system
- Work on building out a product that internal product as needed for expert users to configure workflows
- Mentor and grow less experienced designers while evangelizing design practices and finds opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the larger company
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Have 7+ years of Product Design experience with user experience and visual design
- Have 5+ years of experience designing digital products outside design systems
- Have 3+ years experience in designing and managing design both in complex enterprise facing products.
- Have experience working on complex enterprise software
- Have a portfolio showcasing the successful implementation of design systems that: are across multiple platforms; have strong documentation that enables eng and design; show a strong link between brand and design systems; demonstrate meticulous attention to interaction patterns as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, responsive behavior, and typography.
- Take a systematic approach to designing for enterprise digital products
- Have an obsessive attention to details and fundamentals of interaction and visual design
- Are fearless in the face of ambiguity and are an autonomous, self-starter that takes ownership and drives work forward
- Understands the impact of design decisions and can think through the complexities of their suggestions
- Have experience considering all abilities in your design system and have a record of developing system that create useful, usable, and accessible products
- Bachelor's or master's degree in graphic, interaction design, industrial design, product design, service design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent experiences
- Experience working on complex enterprise software
- Feel comfortable getting into front end code when needed
- Strong motion design abilities
- Healthcare or Fintech experience
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?