Senior Associate, Business Strategy Ops
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 19, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs. For this position we require the individual to reside in the following area: San Francisco.
About the Role
Example project areas include:
- New revenue / product strategies (e.g., business case modeling, market / competitor landscaping)
- Piloting and taking new products to market (e.g., 0 to 1 product developing, scaling new product to full roll-out)
- Business outcome management
- Scaling and transforming operations
The ideal candidate has had a mix of both strategy and operations project experience. Start-up experience is a plus, but not a must as we look for individuals who can thrive in ambiguity. We are looking for an individual who can see the "big picture" but is also willing to roll up their sleeves to help us continuously improve.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Strategy: Provide strategic insights to leadership in order to inform the strategic direction of the company: conduct market research (including interviews), drive competitive analyses, and pre-digest information prior to sharing with executives
- Operations: Contribute to error-free and efficient day to day execution by directly taking on, documenting, and continuously improving tools and processes across various teams as needed
- Strategic Initiatives Management: Ensure key strategic projects (e.g. launching a new product) stay on track by leading on key deliverables: encourage cross-functional coordination, provide visibility into key metrics, and ensure required buy-in is in place, including executives
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years experience: Consulting and/or Industry within a Commercial / Business Operations & Strategy role
- High Proficiency: Excel
- Systems thinker: Highly analytical, able to break down a problem. Builds robust models / frameworks aimed at solving problems.
- Project Management: Able to manage multiple projects at once from discovery phase to execution within prescribed timelines, ensuring all success criteria are met
- Prioritization: Able to execute on projects within prescribed timelines in an environment with competing demands
- Change management: Able to influence stakeholders to affect process change. Thoughtful approach from planning to monitoring.
- Data Integrity: Able to assess and ensure quality of data needed for analysis (excel / SQL skills)
- Decision making: Makes high-quality and timely decisions
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills / mindset is a plus (e.g., Modeling, SQL)
- IPO experience
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?