Staff React Native Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA · Portland, OR, USA · Austin, TX, USA · Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2023
Hinge Health is creating a new health care system, built around you. Accessible to 25 million members across 1,250 customers, Hinge Health is the #1 digital clinic for joint and muscle pain, delivering superior member outcomes and proven claims reductions. We pair the industry’s most advanced motion technology and wearable pain relief with a complete clinical care team of physical therapists, physicians, and board-certified health coaches to help people move beyond pain and reduce surgeries and opioid use. Hinge Health’s HingeConnect integrates with 1 million+ in-person providers to enable earlier interventions for avoidable MSK surgeries. Four in five health plans and employers with a digital MSK solution trust Hinge Health, including Land O’Lakes, L.L. Bean, Salesforce, Self-Insured Schools of California, Southern Company, State of New Jersey, US Foods, and Verizon. Learn more at http://www.hingehealth.com
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs.
About the Role
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a hands-on expert that takes on the most challenging technical implementations, mentors the team, and ensures that features are delivered on time and to specification.
You will be part of a team responsible for shipping highly effective, engaging, and easy-to-use features for our mobile application. You’ll work closely with design and product teammates to help author the team’s strategic roadmap, create and prioritize a backlog of ready work, and seek and destroy blockers to daily progress to help your team maintain laser focus on its goals.
The ideal candidate possesses extensive expertise in React Native application development and demonstrates strong project management skills to keep the team on track to deliver high-quality results on ambitious projects. Experience with native development for iOS and/or Android is highly desirable.
We enjoy a continuous deployment DevOps culture, and take owner-operator pride in supporting our code in production with an on-call rotation. Rotations vary by team
Our production systems rely on React Native, React, Nodejs, TypeScript, Nestjs, GraphQL, Docker, Rails, Aptible, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Apollo, and Redux. Our workflow is trunk-based CI/CD, and our security/compliance posture is at the highest standards of healthcare, including HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2, and CCPA.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Architect and implement new functionality and user experiences in the Hinge Health mobile application.
- Engage with stakeholders to help author your team’s strategic roadmap and influence company strategy.
- Work with your manager, product and design, to plan, execute, and deliver on sprint, quarterly and project goals.
- To support your team’s continuous improvement, you’ll measure what matters most and lead blameless retros that convert insights into action.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to provide technical leadership and mentorship to your teammates, other teams and engineers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Environment: At least eight (8) years’ experience developing software in an agile team environment, with experience working with remote or distributed teams.
- Full Stack Mobile: Expertise with React Native and significant experience working across the tech stack, specifically JS, React, and React Native. Native iOS and Android is highly desirable.
- Delivery: Strong project management skills and a proven track record of taking these types of projects through all stages from inception to deployment.
- Testing/Quality: Ability to understand and debug native code as well as performance tune mobile applications.
- Communication: Strong technical and non-technical communication skills with the ability to articulate a vision to audiences of varying technical expertise and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership: Track record of ownership for team-scale execution and technical excellence.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer employees and their family members help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live.
- Planning for the future: Start saving for the future with our traditional or roth 401k retirement plan options which include a 2% company match.
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget, use the mental health to support therapy costs, and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, and work-from-home equipment.
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Employees have flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge. Exempt employees can take advantage of our flexible pto program. Nonexempt employees can utilize up to two weeks of sick time and up to 17 days of vacation per year, including mental health days.
- Other compensation: At Hinge Health, we want every employee to be invested and rewarded in the future success of the company. All full-time positions are eligible for equity.
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we've raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
We’re committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve. Visit hingehealth.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion to learn more about what moves us.
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to email@example.com.
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you're interested - we'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Hinge Health
Something looks off?