Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Harness is a rapidly growing startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. We are building an intelligent software delivery platform that enables engineers to deliver software faster, with higher quality, and less effort. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Feature Flags and Cloud Cost Management. The platform is designed to help companies accelerate their cloud initiatives as well as their adoption of containers and orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Amazon ECS.
Harness recently raised $115 million in financing, reaching a valuation of $1.7 billion in just three years after launching from stealth. With a total of $195 million in financing to date, Harness investors include IVP, Menlo Ventures, Unusual Ventures, Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Sorenson Capital, and Thomvest Ventures.
Harness is an engineering and innovation first company. Our teams take pride in solving complex, computer science problems to empower Software and DevOps professionals.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a Software Engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and delivering high quality software that has a direct impact on the company’s product experience. The Harness Platform Engineering team is the foundation of all Harness product offerings. You will have the opportunity to scale Harness’ platform to support multiple product verticals and grow professionally in a highly visible way.
Your Role at Harness
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment
- Author software functional specifications and design documents
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including the delivered quality
- Design and implementation of scalable algorithms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any production performance related issues
- 6+ years of Java or Golang experience designing, developing, and debugging complex code
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms
- BS in CS or equivalent. Advanced degree is a plus
- Experience in as many of the following areas
- Building containerized applications (Docker)
- Building applications in a Micro Services Architecture
- Working with Networking and Security protocols (HTTPS, SSL, Certs)
- Designing/developing REST, GRPC, and GraphQL APIs
- Using MongoDB, including indexing and query optimization
- Working with platforms and tools like AppD, Stackdriver, GCP, Kubernetes, OpenShift
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.