Senior Software Engineer_UI IDP
This is an amazing opportunity to be a Senior Software Engineer UI in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to work on defining the Internal Developer Portal (IDP) at Harness. Harness IDP enables you to create new software components quickly while adhering to your company’s best practices.
In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, and delivering high-quality software that directly impacts the company's product experience across multiple modules such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Feature Flags, Security Testing Orchestration, Service Reliability Management, Chaos Engineering and this list continues to grow at an incredible pace.
About the role
- Passion for designing elegant experiences that are approachable and just a bit playful.
- Experience with any of ReactJS, AngularJS, BackboneJS, KnockoutJS, or EmberJS.
- Experience with responsive design and a deep understanding of object-oriented design.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Expertise in turning a design into cleanly architected HTML and CSS.
- Customize and extend Backstage plugins to meet specific project requirements
- Collaborate closely with UI/UX designers to implement design specifications and ensure a seamless user experience.
- Implement state management and application logic using TypeScript best practices.
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side logic using Node.js and Express.js or other relevant frameworks.
- Develop and maintain responsive and intuitive user interfaces using TypeScript, HTML, CSS, and modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Good understanding of front-end tooling (Vite, Webpack, etc)
- Attention to detail and a strong focus on identifying the reusable pattern and code/design smells
- Testing using Jest/ Cypress for fullstack.
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment, ensuring seamless data flow and functionality.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast-moving startup environment
- B. Tech degree in CS or equivalent with 3-6 years of industry experience
The successful candidate will be asked to come into Harness' Bangalore office 3 times per week.
What you will have at Harness
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet reimbursement
Harness in the news:
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.