Senior / Staff Cloud Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Harness is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering and Software Engineering Insights continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. Harness is obsessed with customer success. It’s in our DNA to ensure that our customers are thrilled with our platform, and we're looking for a top-notch Technical Success Manager (TSM) to help make that goal a reality.
As a Cloud Engineer specializing in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and managing cloud-based solutions for our organization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, architects, and operations teams, to ensure the successful deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure and services.
About the role
- Design and implement scalable and reliable cloud solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- Collaborate with development teams to provide guidance and support in adopting cloud-native architectures and best practices.
- Deploy and manage cloud resources, including virtual machines, containers, and storage systems, to meet application requirements.
- Develop and automate infrastructure-as-code (IaC) using tools like Terraform or Deployment Manager.
- Implement and optimize CI/CD pipelines for continuous integration and deployment of cloud applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud infrastructure, including performance monitoring, log analysis, and incident response.
- Implement security best practices and ensure compliance with data protection and privacy regulations.
- Collaborate with the operations team to define and implement backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity strategies.
- Stay updated with the latest developments and advancements in GCP services and recommend their adoption when appropriate.
- Participate in capacity planning, performance optimization, and cost management activities.
- Provide technical expertise and support to internal teams and stakeholders regarding GCP-related initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Cloud Engineer, preferably with a focus on Google Cloud Platform.
- In-depth knowledge of GCP services, including Compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud-native architectures, microservices, and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using languages like Python, PowerShell, or Bash.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Deployment Manager, or Cloud Deployment Manager.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Cloud Build).
- Solid understanding of networking principles and experience with VPCs, VPNs, load balancers, and firewall rules.
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing security controls in a cloud environment.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools (e.g., Stackdriver, Prometheus, ELK stack).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a distributed environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Professional certifications related to Google Cloud Platform (e.g., Google Cloud Certified
- Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Cloud Developer, Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer)
- Experience with other cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and the ability to work across multiple cloud environments.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Understanding of database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and data management in the cloud.
- Familiarity with serverless computing and GCP services like Cloud Functions and Cloud Run.
What you will have at Harness
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Recharge & Reset Program
- Monthly internet & cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
Harness in the news
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Evaluation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.