Senior Solutions Engineer
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Harness is a high-growth company that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering and Software Engineering Insights continue to expand incredibly fast. Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. Harness is obsessed with customer success. It’s in our DNA to ensure that our customers are thrilled with our platform, and we're looking for top-notch Solution Engineers to help make that goal a reality.
In this role, as a part of the Harness Professional Services team, you will be working with internal and external stakeholders to develop best practices and solutions for CI/CD processes in the most optimized, scalable and reliable standards possible. You will be designing systems, tools and processes that will spearhead services innovation that will be leveraged across Harness customers as they adopt our tools. We're seeking A players to work with A players. We're a high-growth company on a once-in-a-lifetime journey to revolutionize deployment tools & continuous delivery.
- As a part of the Services Innovation focus, build solution templates, tools and processes that can be leveraged across multiple customer engagements by the solutions teams.
- Work with our customer’s technical team and/or Harness Solution Architects team to analyze and understand current CI/CD tools and processes, then design and implement the optimized Harness setup for integration, scale, and repeatability.
- Document and implement the different processes and solutions that are employed for onboarding success in order to enable internal Harness teams, contribute to the product design, assist in the Harness Community, and for building out an advanced technical knowledge base.
- Work closely with Pre-sales and Post-sales teams to ensure that Harness customers are successful and experience a high level of customer satisfaction with the Harness solution.
- Be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Interface with the Customer's Executive and Leadership teams when needed to understand the technical goals and business objectives related to their CI/CD process, and design their Harness implementation to best fit those requirements.
- BA/BS degree in CS or Computer Engineering-related field with 4+ years of relevant technical experience.
- 4+ experience with DevOps, with demonstrated expertise in a subset of the following technologies: Tools: Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitHub, Gitlab, Bamboo, TeamCity, TravisCI, Bitbucket, Jira, ServiceNow, Helm, Kustomize, PCF, OpenShift, AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, CloudFormation, Linux, Python, Bash, Powershell, AppDynamics, New Relic, Dynatrace, Instana, Prometheus, ELK, Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Cloud Providers: Building solutions in one of the major cloud providers (Azure, AWS, or GCP).Infrastructure-as-Code: Hands-on experience building Infrastructure-as-code solutions using Terraform.
- Configuration Management: Hands-on experience leveraging Configuration management like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Containers: Building and deploying applications on Kubernetes using Helm or Customize. Kubernetes cluster administration and operations are a strong plus.
- Experience delivering custom solutions to customers of all sizes, whether internal or external (external customer-facing experience a plus). You are a perpetual learner, thrive in a team setting, enjoy sharing your experience and solutions, consistently pursue excellence and success in all your tasks, detail-oriented and analytical, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?