Senior Deal Operations Analyst
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
The goal of the Revenue Operations & Strategy team is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies across the board. The team blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well, with a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The team works cross-functionally across the company, particularly with sales, customer success, finance, product, and IT. This is an opportunity to help drive rapid but scalable new business, focused specifically on deal operations. We are looking for someone who loves working with multiple teams and stakeholders, thrives in a fast paced environment, and wants to help iterate on how we scale our deal processes as Harness continues to grow.
The Deal Operations Analyst role is responsible for the quoting and deal operations processes, working closely with the Harness Sales Team and RevOps team to drive closed business and rapid company growth.
- Ensure deals progress through the sales cycle: manage internal approval processes, review quotes and order forms, and facilitate the close of deals
- Create and position complex orders: serve as the subject matter expert and partner with Sales & Customer Success teams to craft proposals for deal constructs and special pricing while ensuring adherence to our sales policies and pricing, quoting, and contract processes
- Partner with our sales reps to drive the best deals for both the customer + Harness
- Work closely with key internal teams (including Legal, Finance, Accounting, and Operations) to drive deals to close and payment
- Org enablement: be a key resource in quotes and proposal building processes; help onboard and maintain best practices and overall knowledge in the sales org; train teams and new hires as processes evolve
- Operational efficiency: Build scalable improvements to our Salesforce & internal systems to increase contract velocity, sales productivity, and Deal Ops team efficiency
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, ideally in Sales or Deal Operations
- Experience in Salesforce and CPQ or similar quoting systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate closely with many different teams to drive solutions
- Strong analytical skills to assess and optimize proposal structuring and deal economics
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize day to day task
- Plus: You have a strong understanding of SaaS sales models and processes
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Valuation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?