Staff Product Manager, Developer Observability
Software Engineering, Product
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, Software Engineering Insights and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
Harness is looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the definition, development and adoption of a new Harness product in the Developer Observability domain. In this role, you will define, build and bring to market the product while ensuring its end-to-end success. This is a high impact, high visibility role that requires immense cross-functional execution spanning Engineering, Sales, Marketing, UX, Research, Customer Success and Support.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market, and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with other module PMs, engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, Customer Success, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE, and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content
- You are a hands-on product owner driven by data and research
- You are a creative and passionate problem solver
- You are able to think big while charting small steps towards the end goal
- You are obsessed with customer research and design thinking
- You can bring qualitative and quantitative insights together to drive sound decision making
- You are obsessed with the little details and constantly optimizing for simplicity
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps or experience working with developer products and SDKs
- Experience with developer tools for debugging Java, .Net, NodeJS, Python applications is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in product management with SaaS / Cloud companies
- Good understanding of AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
What You Will Have at Harness
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
Harness in the News
- Harness Snags $230 Series D - $3.7B Evaluation
- Harness Recognized in Inc.'s Best Workplace Awards 2022
- Harness on LinkedIn: America's Great Companies to Work For -- And What You Can Learn From
- #6 - Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021 list
- #17 on Forbes Top 50 Cloud Companies to Work For
- #47 on LinkedIn’ Top 50 Companies to Work For
- #2 on Quartz 2021 list best places to work for remote workers
- 2021 Career Launching Companies List
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
See more open positions at Harness
Something looks off?