Senior Medical Coder
Fathom is on a mission to use AI to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems. Our deep learning engine automates the translation of patient records into the billing codes used for healthcare provider reimbursement, a process today that costs hospitals in the US $15B+ annually and tens of billions more in errors and denied claims. We are a venture-backed company that completed a Series B round of financing for $46M in late 2022..
Fathom is looking for an experienced Senior Medical Coder to join the team. As a Senior Medical Coder, you will support the QA and audit functions, as well as provide education and training to the Fathom engineering and product teams. Fathom will also provide a budget for ongoing medical coding education and certification.
Please note that this position requires physical residency in the U.S.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Spending the majority of your time reviewing medical records across an array of specialties to ensure the correct diagnosis and procedure codes were assigned
- Reviewing physician documentation and performing audits to determine accuracy
- Preparing reports as requested by the operations team
- Providing coding insights, education, and examples to Fathom engineers and product team and staff to accelerate product development
- Tracking, aggregating and summarizing the changing coding and billing rules for the product team
We are looking for a teammate with:
- A current CPC, AAPC or AHIMA coding certification(s)
- 3+ years of experience coding in an outpatient environment
- Chart auditing experience
- CPT and procedural coding experience
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process and medical terminology
- A deep understanding of coding guidelines, documentation requirements as well as familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with a broad array of outpatient specialties
- Experience with inpatient coding
- Experience with risk adjusted coding
- Prior encoder experience
- Additional AHIMA or AAPC certifications
- Conducted medical coding training
- Experience with clinical documentation improvement
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- $70 000 - $90 000 USD
Something looks off?