Senior Accountant - Revenue (Remote)
Drata, a fast-growing B2B SaaS company, is currently in search of a highly skilled Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team. This role will be crucial in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the company's accounting operations and month-end close processes. The ideal candidate should have a strong grasp of debits and credits and be comfortable working in a hands-on capacity. Additionally, this position requires effective collaboration with cross-functional teams in a startup environment, making communication skills and teamwork abilities paramount. As a key member of the accounting and finance team, the Senior Revenue Accountant will play a vital role in Drata's continued success and growth.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for revenue accounting in accordance with ASC 606. They will also assist with monthly accounting close, contribute to process improvements, and streamline financial operations with technology. This role provides a collaborative work environment for professional development and making a real impact.
What you'll do:
- Review and summarize customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in compliance with company policy and ASC 606 accounting standards.
- Track and reconcile deferred revenues and contract assets for all closed deals; Record and reconcile related partner referral fees.
- Prepare journal entries and their corresponding supporting documents pertaining to various items on the financial statements. These items include but are not limited to cash, revenue recognition, credit cards, payroll, prepaids, and fixed assets.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations, investigate discrepancies, and work cross-functionally to resolve issues swiftly.
- Complete bank reconciliations and support treasury management and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager and Systems Admin to contribute to accounting system enhancements and close optimization efforts.
- Other Ad hoc projects as required.
What you’ll bring:
- CPA designation preferred
- Strong ASC 606 Knowledge
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Proficient with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- RightRev experience is a plus
- NetSuite experience is a plus
- Salesforce CPQ & Billing+ experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable to a fast-changing work environment
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work remotely
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $97,750-$120,750
Tier 2: $87,975-$108,675
Tier 3: $78,200-$96,600
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.