VP, Account Management (Remote)
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Vice President of Account Management with a strong focus on renewal execution, customer retention, revenue expansion, and Net Revenue Retention (NRR). In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a high-performing account management team, ensuring customer success, driving revenue growth, and maximizing customer lifetime value. Your strategic vision, exceptional leadership skills, and deep understanding of account management principles will be crucial in achieving our company's growth objectives.
What you’ll do:
Leadership and Strategy:
- Lead and manage the account management team, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback to ensure the team's success in achieving renewal, retention, and revenue expansion targets.
- Develop and execute strategies to drive successful renewal execution, resulting in high renewal/expansion rates and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers, acting as a trusted advisor and ensuring their ongoing retention and loyalty.
Collaboration and Partnership:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Services and Product, to align account management efforts and maximize customer value and NRR.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to drive continuous improvement in account management practices and deliver innovative solutions to customers.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute the company's NRR strategy and contribute to overall business objectives/goals.
- Drive revenue expansion through upselling, cross-selling, and increasing customer adoption of additional products or services.
- Analyze customer data and trends to identify opportunities for revenue growth and develop strategies to optimize net revenue retention.
- Implement processes and systems to proactively monitor customer health, identify potential risks, and engage around customer concerns to ensure long-term customer success and satisfaction.
- Track and report key performance metrics related to renewal execution, customer retention, revenue expansion, and net revenue retention to senior leadership.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in account management or customer success roles, with a focus on renewal execution, revenue growth, and customer retention.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with the ability to develop and execute effective account management strategies.
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models and experience working with subscription-based or recurring revenue products.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret customer data and metrics to drive insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to navigate complex customer organizations and influence key decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and lead teams through change.
- Experience in the technology industry, particularly in B2B or enterprise software, is highly desirable.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.