Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Drata is looking for a Senior Data Engineer! This person will be a key member of the growing data platform team, supporting one of the fastest growing B2B SaaS startups to achieve unicorn status. At Drata, we’re on a mission to help build trust across the internet! Data accuracy is an essential cornerstone of our mission.
We are looking for a senior data engineer that can help us strategize and execute our data engineering vision. We’re looking for someone who enjoys building data products at scale.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Drata, you will have the opportunity to work with one of the largest Change Data Capture (CDC) pipelines in the industry. Our pipeline continuously streams data from thousands of MySQL databases to our data warehouse, presenting unique challenges in terms of scalability, reliability, and performance. You will play a critical role in optimizing our CDC pipeline to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our data, while also addressing data quality issues and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. To learn more about our data architecture and the technologies we use to manage our data infrastructure, check out our blog post.
What you’ll do:
- Automate first! One of our core company values is automation. Automate and handle the lifecycle of data sets (schema evolution, metadata management, change and backfill management, deprecation and migration).
- Help us build data products that will serve analytics needs, product and engineering services and ML models
- Optimize our end-to-end workflow: query performance, data ingestion and processing time
- Design and develop highly scalable services/data pipelines for data ingestion, data governance processes and data processing using modern data technologies
- Interview, hire and train future data engineers
- Administrate data orchestration through modern tools concepts such as ETL, ELT, Reverse ETL etc.
- Improve the data quality and reliability of the pipelines through properly monitoring and failure detection.
- Build solid data engineering training and documentation for all analysts so they can learn how to use, move and transform data with minimum data engineering assistance.
- Comfortably collaborate with cross functional partners and lead technical initiatives end to end.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 5+ years experience as a Data Engineer working with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQL
- Strong programming skills in Python, or other relevant languages and technologies
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining large scale ETL pipelines and in-depth knowledge of various big data frameworks and architectures based on a modern stack.
- You have strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; able to effectively collaborate with cross functional partners and explaining sophisticated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- You can explain complex data flows, datasets or queries to non-technical people in understandable ways
- Bonus: experienced with building ML pipelines
- You have high growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them with a natural curiosity and investigative mindset
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $144,500 - $178,500
Tier 2: $130,050 - $160,650
Tier 3: $115,600 - $142,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?