Senior Database Reliability Engineer - PL (Remote)
As a Database Reliability Engineer, you will have ownership of all technical aspects of our data environments. You will help build, maintain and troubleshoot Drata's MySQL and Aurora clusters, as well as caching services. You will partner with application developers and infrastructure engineers to make sure best practices are used in database modeling, usage, automation, reliability and scalability. You will also play a key role as we evolve our architecture to meet the demands of Drata's growing business and data processing needs.
What you'll do:
- Lead efforts on performance tuning, scaling and benchmarking of our MySQL and Aurora database clusters and replication environments
- Enforce architectural governance, deployment standards and best practices
- Develop, implement and maintain automation tools to manage and monitor our database environments
- Own observability of important database environment metrics
- Partner with application developers to monitor and tune SQL queries and implement best practices for application development
- Triage and solve database issues, drive incidents until resolution and employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Document processes and procedures, and automate them whenever possible
- Lead research in to new or alternative technologies
- Partner with the rest of the Infrastructure team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our services to customers
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL database administration
- Hands on Experience with AWS RDS (MySQL & Aurora) administration, backup and recovery strategies
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with MySQL internal architecture
- Experience with MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Understanding of database migration and ETL concepts
- Expertise in writing SQL queries and analyzing their performance impact
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering, building and maintaining scalable, resilient services
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Experience with AWS Elasticache (Redis)
- Bonus points for experience with AWS DynamoDB
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home (especially these days!) + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Something looks off?