Partner Solutions Architect
As a Partner Solutions Architect you will work with Databricks' Consulting and System Integrator (C&SI) partners, teammates, and with the technical and sales team members who work directly with our customers. You will develop 'technical champions' within our top C&SI Partners, providing enablement on technical matters related to the Databricks product. Working with our partners, you will help our customers to achieve tangible data-driven outcomes through the use of our Databricks Lakehouse Platform, helping data teams complete projects and integrate our platform into their enterprise Ecosystem. As a member of our team, you will exercise and develop expertise in those areas, using open-source projects such as Apache Spark, MLflow, and Delta Lake; and major public cloud infrastructure and services. the product. You will use this expertise to become a trusted advisor to C&SI partners. You will report to the Senior Manager of Partner Solutions Architects for APJ.
The impact you will have:
- Provide partners with the level of enablement they need to assist their clients in evaluating and adopting Databricks including hands-on Spark programming and integration with the wider cloud ecosystem
- Engage with the partner technical community by leading workshops, seminars, and meet-ups
- You will be a Big Data Analytics expert on aspects of architecture and design and will share this with our partner network
- Show expertise by producing creative technical solutions and blog posts
What we look for:
- 5+ years of pre-sales or post-sales experience working with external clients or partners across a variety of industry markets
- Understanding of customer-facing pre-sales or consulting role with a core strength in either data engineering or data science
- Experience demonstrating technical concepts, including presenting and whiteboarding
- Experience developing architectures within a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Coding experience in SQL, Python, Scala, or Java
- Expertise in at least one of the following:
- Data Engineering technologies (Ex: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Data Warehousing (Ex: SQL, OLTP/OLAP/DSS)
- Data Science and Machine Learning technologies (Ex: pandas, scikit-learn, HPO)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience through work experience
- Written and verbal level fluency in Japanese
- Benefits allowance
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.