Delivery Solutions Architect : Data & AI
At Databricks we are on a mission to empower our customers to solve the world's toughest data problems by utilizing the Lakehouse platform.
As the first Delivery Solutions Architect (DSA) for the team in India, you will play an important role during this journey. You will collaborate with our field engineering teams to accelerate the adoption and growth of the Databricks platform in your accounts. As a DSA, you will help ensure customer success by increasing focus and technical accountability to our most complex customers who need guidance to accelerate usage on Databricks workloads that they have already selected.
This is a hybrid technical and commercial role. It is commercial in the sense that you will own and drive growth in your assigned customers and use cases through leading your customers’ stakeholders, owning executive relationships and creating and driving plans and strategies for Databricks colleagues to build upon. This is in parallel to being technical, with expectations being that you become the post-sale technical lead across all Databricks products. This requires you to use your skills and technical credibility to engage and communicate at all levels with an organization. This individual can be based either in Bengaluru / Mumbai / Delhi.
The impact you will have:
- Be the accountable technical leader assigned to specific Use Cases and customer(s) across multiple selling teams and internal stakeholders, creating certainty from uncertainty and driving onboarding, enablement, success, go-live and healthy consumption of the workloads where the customer has made the decision to consume Databricks.
- You will engage with the Solutions Architect to understand the full Use Case Demand Plan for prioritised customers.
- Lead the Post-Technical Win technical account strategy and investment plan for the majority of Databricks Use Cases within our most strategic accounts.
- You will be the first contact for any technical issues or questions related to production/go live status of agreed upon Use Cases within an account, oftentimes services multiple use cases within the largest and most complex organizations.
- Create, own and execute a point-of-view as to how key use cases can be accelerated into production, bringing EM/PM in to prepare Professional Services proposals.
- Navigate Databricks Product and Engineering teams for New Product Innovations, Private Previews and Upgrade needs.
- Develop mutual success plan that covers all activities of all customer-facing technical roles and teams to cover the below work streams:
- Main use cases moving from ‘win’ to production
- Enablement / user growth plan
- Product adoption (strategy and activities to increase adoption of Databricks’ Lakehouse vision)
- Organic needs for current investment Eg. Cloud Cost control, Tuning & Optimization
- Executive and operational governance
- Provide internal and external updates - KPI reporting on the status of usage and customer health, covering investment status, important risks, product adoption and use case progression - to your Technical GM.
What we look for:
- 8+ years of experience where you have been accountable for technical project / program delivery within the domain of Data and AI and where you can contribute to technical debate and design choices with our customers.
- Extensive Big Data / Data Engineering experience
- Experience working on AWS / GCP / Azure
- Experience working on Databricks is a plus
- Programming experience in Python, SQL or Scala
- Experience in a customer-facing pre-sales / technical architecture / customer success, or consulting role
- Understanding of solution architecture related distributed data systems
- Technical program, or project management including account, stakeholder and resource management accountability
- Experience conducting open-ended discovery workshops, creating strategic roadmaps, conducting business analysis and managing delivery of complex programmes/projects
- Benefits allowance
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.