GenAI Senior Staff Software Engineer, Platform
Founded in late 2020 by a small group of machine learning engineers and researchers, MosaicML enables companies to securely fine-tune, train and deploy custom AI models on their own data, for maximum security and control. Compatible with all major cloud providers, the MosaicML platform provides maximum flexibility for AI development. Introduced in 2023, MosaicML’s pretrained transformer models have established a new standard for open source, commercially usable LLMs and have been downloaded over 3 million times. MosaicML is committed to the belief that a company’s AI models are just as valuable as any other core IP, and that high-quality AI models should be available to all.
Now part of Databricks since July 2023, we are passionate about enabling our customers to solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. We leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, striving to empower our customers with the best data and AI capabilities.
Databricks is hiring a Senior Staff Software Engineer to play a key role in building our Generative AI platform and products, and in developing our team of software engineers.
- Serve as a technical lead, overseeing and supervising projects and engineers on the team.
- Play a leading hands-on role in the design and implementation of our ML infrastructure and GenAI platform software technologies
- Drive our technology vision and roadmap
- Establish software development best practices, and lead by example in applying them
- Develop our engineering organization and culture through hiring, mentoring, and feedback.
We look for:
- 8+ years of hands-on programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, Go, or C++
- 8+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design of large scale distributed systems and/or ML systems and tools
- Strong sense of software design and usability of ML systems
- Experience applying software engineering methodologies and best practices including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and security.
- Prior experience in developing public cloud services or open source ML software is an advantage.
We value candidates who are curious about all parts of the company's success and are willing to learn new skills and technologies along the way.
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.