At Databricks, our values are central to everything we do. Our proactive, customer-focused culture drives us to create a unified platform that makes data science and analytics accessible to everyone.
Our goal is to empower our customers with the tools they need to make informed decisions that grow their business. Our platform is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy to turn insights into action and encouraging a culture of creativity, experimentation, and continuous improvement.
As a member of our team, you will play an important role in our mission. Using your technical expertise, you will show our customers how the Lakehouse Platform can help solve their complex data challenges. Working with a collaborative, customer-focused team, you will use your skills to develop custom solutions that help our customers achieve their goals and move their businesses forward. You'll grow as a leader in your field, while finding solutions to our customers' biggest challenges in big data, analytics, data engineering and data science. You will report to the Manager of Field Engineering.
Note : we are open to accept applications from across the country (i.e. outside of Munich).
The impact you will have:
- Form successful relationships with clients and partners throughout your assigned territory, collaborating with Account Executives to help Databricks customers realise business value
- Operate as a Data & AI expert to get customers excited about our product. You will develop into a 'champion' and trusted advisor on multiple issues of architecture, design and implementation to lead to the successful adoption of the Databricks Lakehouse platform.
- Scale best practices in your field and support customers by authoring reference architectures, how-tos, and demo applications and help build the Databricks community in your region by leading workshops, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Orchestrate a wider team to secure a technical win also against challenging customer demands
- Grow your expertise to the level of a technical and/or industry specialist.
What we look for:
- You will be experienced engaging customers in technical sales, challenge their questions, guide clear outcomes, discover new use cases and communicate technical and value propositions
- Your are at ease developing customer relationships and building internal partnerships with account executives and teams
- You can switch between speaking to technical and non-technical audiences and on different hierarchy levels
- You bring prior experience coding in a core programming language (i.e. Python, Java, Scala) and familiarity with distributed computing e.g. using Apache Spark.
- You feel comfortable being hands-on to support proof-of-concepts in areas such as big data processing, streaming, data governance, machine learning and business intelligence on at least one of the major cloud platforms
- You have a curiosity for the business applications of technology and can demonstrate that you understand the business challenges in a vertical you worked in before
- Private medical insurance
- Life, accident & disability insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vision Reimbursement
- Equity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.