Event Marketing Manager
Do you get excited about creating the best in class event experiences? Do you enjoy the fast-paced culture of a high-growth tech startup where you have the opportunity to directly influence the business' success? As an Event Marketing Manager at Databricks, you will report to the Sr. Group Manager, Event Marketing and work with the corporate event marketing team and partners to drive and support the team in accomplishing a mix of key components of our events that include but are not limited to the overall strategy and execution of internal staffing. This position is open to remote work.
The impact you will have:
- Structured and thorough project plans for the workstreams you will be responsible for to include analyzing past plans and feedback to create a staffing strategy
- Partnership with sales, people ops, marketing and other stakeholders to build a comprehensive roadmap for staffing strategy
- Complete communications plan for all communications related to staffing (project plan, logistics, briefs, etc.)
- Comprehensive and concise staffing customer service plan
- Utilization of the best program technology, materials, and systems to take employee staff management to the next level
- Clear guidelines on who can attend, result in the right people that need to be at the event to offer a meaningful experience for customers and prospects
- Support the team to exceed program goals including registration/attendance, engagement, streamlined employee staffing processes and more
What we look for:
- 5+ years of event marketing experience, especially in internal event staffing and general event management
- Strong project and time management skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within agreed-upon timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort in driving successful group meetings and leading discussions
- Experienced with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail), MS Excel, Mac, and technology literate
- Capacity for exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be metrics-driven and enjoy analysis of data points from the conference platform that is directly related to the success and future of the conference
- Salesforce, Tableau, Asana, Rainfocus, and Swoogo experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.