Senior Analyst Relations Manager
Databricks has quickly established the data lakehouse as a new category for data, analytics, and AI. The Analyst Relations team has played an integral role in this journey and is now looking for an experienced Analyst Relations professional to join us. The Senior Analyst Relations Manager will develop and execute an effective analyst relations program that enhances our company's visibility and reputation in the industry. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure analysts have accurate and up-to-date information about our products, services, and market strategy.s. You will build and nurture long-lasting relationships with core influential industry analysts to position Databricks as both the Lakehouse category creator and category leader. You will also translate analyst research and feedback into relevant insights for Databricks' market opportunities. You will have high visibility with leaders across product, marketing, sales, and other teams. You will report to the Global Director of Analyst Relations.
The impact you will have:
- Build and nurture relationships with Gartner, Forrester, IDC, and other analysts through strategic advisory sessions, monthly inquiries, Analyst Summit, and face-to-face meetings at industry events or conferences
- Ability to build trust, and to work collaboratively with all relevant internal and external partners, including an AR agency
- Manage incoming analyst requests and coordinate briefings and inquiries
- Market Intelligence: Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscapes, and analyst research to provide insights and recommendations to internal teams.
- Proactively manage analyst engagement around planned research and evaluations
- Identify opportunities for engagement and amplification of Databricks' story outside of the core group of analysts
- Manage Vendor Evaluative Reports like Gartner MQs, Forrester Waves, IDC MarketScapes, etc.
- Help with internal requests for analyst research and insight
What we look for:
- 7 or more years of experience in a high-tech analyst relations role
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or related discipline
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute a comprehensive analyst relations strategy that aligns with our business goals.
- Lead overall AR strategy in partnership with the Head of AR, product management and product marketing.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, as well as work effectively with all cross-functional organizations
- Ability to relay the value of Analyst Relations internally, as well as cultivate new spokespeople within Databricks
- Proven ability to provide valuable sales enablement contributions
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple, high-detail, deadline-sensitive projects
- Ability to confidently host analyst interactions virtually and in person
- Experience partnering with executive leadership on high-priority projects
- Adaptable to hyper-growth and shifting responsibilities
- Successful track record of participating in Gartner Magic Quadrant, Forrester Wave, and IDC MarketScape reports
- Travel up to 20% to manage company presence at analyst conferences, meet with analysts and influencers and engage at AR community events
- Experience working with or for an Analyst Relations agency
- Experience with Analyst Relations CRM software
- Existing relationships with Data Science and Machine Learning as well as Database Management industry analysts
- Experience with high-growth cloud, big data, data analytics, data warehouse, machine learning, or AI technologies
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- FSA, HSA and Commuter Benefit Plans
- Equity Awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work Headphones Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.