Software Engineer - New Grad (2024 Start)
At Databricks, we are passionate about helping data teams solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers and dedicated to our customers, we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for working with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
As a software engineer, you will work with our engineering team to build infrastructure and products for the Databricks platform. We're hiring across all of our teams, including backend, full stack, infrastructure, databases, systems, tools, cloud, and customer-facing products You will join a cohort of engineers who will build their careers through collaborative projects and learning opportunities. With a dedicated mentor and supportive team, you'll onboard quickly and start contributing to impactful projects soon after starting here at Databricks!
The impact you will have:
- Work with a team to build features and improve architecture for the Databricks platform
- Develop and extend the Databricks product
- Own full software development lifecycle: design, development, testing, and operating in production
- Build solutions with a high level of reliability, scalability, and security
What we look for:
- You will graduate in December 2023 or Spring 2024 with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- You have implementation skills with a general purpose program language, such as Python, Java, or C++
- You have knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and OOP principles
- You have experience managing end-to-end projects
- Medical insurance reimbursement or collective healthcare scheme
- Accident and income protection insurance
- Pension Plan
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Equity awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
We are hiring Software Engineer - New Grads across multiple offices. Please apply for the single location that you're the most interested in, and we will discuss more with you as you move through the process. We can only consider one application in 30 days.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.