Senior Product Manager, AI Assistants and Authoring Experiences
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world’s toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world’s best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers — and customer obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to handle technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
More about the team:
A great platform needs an amazing developer experience. Our team’s mission is to deliver a best-in-class analytics experience for data scientists, data engineers, and SQL analysts. The Databricks Notebook and SQL editors are used by every customer of Databricks, and any feature you launch will have massive impact and reach. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to envision how we can leverage AI-assisted developer features to improve the productivity of writing code and SQL queries. You’ll be working with a talented team of developers who are passionate about making our users more efficient and collaborative. We believe that everyone can create knowledge from data. Come be a part of building that future.
The impact you will have:
- You will drive the product vision and roadmap for the Databricks Assistant, a context-aware AI assistant that’s integrated into Databricks Notebooks, SQL Editor, and Dashboard tools
- Explore bold new ways for generative AI and conversational assistants to enhance the developer experience of Databricks
- You will be the voice of the customer, integrating user feedback to build developer experience improvements to Databricks authoring surfaces
- You will grow end-user engagement with Databricks developer tools working closely with sales and customer success teams
What we look for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager working on platform products
- Experience building developer-facing products (tools, frameworks, SDKs) with tens or hundreds of thousands of users
- Experience programming in Python or SQL
- Experience with data and AI technologies and practices such as SQL, MLOps, and generative AI
- Experience being a hands-on builder, must be comfortable using our own developer-facing products
- Passion for designing products that simplify user experience of technically complex products.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.