Data Scientist - New Grad (2024 Start)
At Databricks, we are passionate about helping data teams solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business.
As a Data Scientist, you will join the Data team of data scientists and engineers to turn Databricks business and operations data into insights for product design, strategies for customer acquisition/retention, and optimizations to engineering system efficiency/stability/performance. The Data team also functions as an internal "customer" that dogfoods the Databricks platform and drives product improvements.
We are hiring for the San Francisco Bay Area. We will discuss more with you as you move through the process!
The Impact You Will Have
- Work with the Data team and cross-functional stakeholders (Product, Customer Success, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Finance) to use data to solve problems
- Apply your expertise in data science methodologies to real data to deliver insights and/or deploy algorithms to the Databricks platform
- Manage your own project end-to-end from requirements gathering, data exploration to presenting insights to stakeholders and/or deployment an algorithm in a production environment
What We Look For
- You will graduate in December 2023 or Spring 2024 with a Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Operational Research or Engineering)
- Proven ability to work with data in SQL and Python
- Experience with multiple statistical data analysis and machine learning methods such as generalized linear regression, regression and classification trees, unsupervised learning methods, causal inference, stochastic processes, time series forecasting
- You are excited to solve ambiguous problems with a collaborative team
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.