Senior Spark Technical Solutions Engineer
As a Platform Technical Solutions Engineer, you will provide technical support for Databricks Platform related issues and resolve any challenges involving the Databricks unified analytics platform. You will assist customers in their Databricks journey and provide them with the guidance, knowledge, and expertise that they need to realize value and achieve their strategic objectives using our products. They will look to you for answers to everything from basic technical questions to complex architectural scenarios spanning across the entire Big Data ecosystem.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues related to Databricks platform
- Provide best practices guidance and support for custom-built solutions developed by Databricks customers
- Deliver proactive suggestions for improving performance and efficiency in customer-specific environments
- Assist with issues around third party integrations with Databricks environment
- Demonstrate true sense of ownership and coordinate with engineering and escalation teams to achieve timely resolution of customer issues and requests
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of company documentation and knowledge articles
- Be a true proponent of customer advocacy
- Strengthen your AWS/Azure and Databricks platform expertise through continuous learning and internal training programs
- Be a team player and coach other team members as needed
- Participate in weekend and weekday on call rotation
- Minimum 6 years’ experience designing, building, testing, and maintaining Python/Java/Scala based applications. Expert level knowledge in python is desired
- Solid experience with SQL-based database is required.
- Strong Linux/Unix administration skills is preferred.
- A minimum of two year experience with Hadoop/Spark in either an administrative, development, or support role is required.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or Azure is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly those that apply to a “Distributed Big Data Computing” environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks simplifies data and AI so data teams can collaborate and innovate faster. More than five thousand organizations worldwide —including Shell, Conde Nast and Regeneron — rely on Databricks as a unified platform for massive-scale data engineering, collaborative data science, full-lifecycle machine learning and business analytics. Venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco (with offices around the globe) Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.