Partner Development Manager, Head of Startups
Partner Development Manager, Head of Startups
Databricks is the Data and AI company. Our mission is to accelerate innovation for our customers by enabling them to have all of their data and perform all their data-related activities on a Single, Open, Collaborative lakehouse platform.
The Product Partnerships team is focused on building a vibrant, Modern Data and AI Stack platform ecosystem. With over 100s of ISV partners in our ecosystem already vast and we’re just getting started. As part of the team, you will be responsible for building deep relationships with the best companies in the data and AI space. The ideal candidate will have strong business development and, preferably, some technical background along with a track record of building and growing technology partnerships.
To sustain their competitive advantage, our customers will build on a data platform. Evangelizing Databricks to startups as a platform to build on and integrate with will deliver a modern data and AI centric platform experience. In this high-visibility, high-impact position, you will build crucial partnerships with Startup prospects and customers.
- Narrative: Construction of ‘why startups build on Databricks’ to accelerators, VCs and Databricks DevRel and Community teams
- Outbound Marketing: Blogs, Case studies & spotlight of program for the startup community
- Startup Program Evolution & Execution with the most promising startups that are leveraging Databricks in their product.
- Incubate & Graduate customers to ensure success through the program with Databricks field.
- Enable Databricks field for start-up, built-on and data sharing.
- Land and expand program motions to drive awareness and top of funnel for startup and partner built on programs.
- Built-on Databricks field enablement (Why, Give/Gets, GTM)
- Collaborate closely with data sharing and marketplace program leads for customers success and growth
- Strong empathy for customers and partners. We will look for a proven track record of building successful partnerships
- Prior experience working with Modern startup customers and VC;s strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively with Data partners and customer our field sales teams to close deals with customers
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- A technical background is preferred (e.g, Bachelor’s in CS/Engineering, or early professional experience in a technical role) because we will rely on you to suggest ways (including product enhancements) that reduce in data-onboarding friction for our customers
- Bonus: knowledge of the Data & AI software ecosystem and cloud technologies
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Maternity and paternity plans
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.