Sr. Renewals Specialist
We are seeking a Sr. Renewals Specialist who will own and drive a portfolio of customer subscriptions to industry best in class retention rates. To be successful in this role, you need to be a highly motivated, customer-obsessed, sales-driven individual who has a passion for technology that provides significant value to our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative companies that are using Data and AI to transform the world.
The impact you will have:
- Analyze and accurately forecast risk at 180 days in advance of expiration.
- Own and lead the customer renewal process from quote to close working alongside sales, finance and other cross functional stakeholders
- Develop a renewal strategy plan to retain and grow Databricks’ client base, meeting or exceeding quarterly churn targets
- Lead cross functionally to mitigate customer risk, acting as a quarterback to ensure continuous progress to a positive outcome.
- Drive applicable activities in your portfolio, ensuring timely and accurate renewals are in place for all open agreements
- Negotiate terms that result in favorable outcomes for both Databricks and our customers.
- Have excellent verbal skills to negotiate, coordinate and finalize renewals by interacting with internal and external decision makers, customer legal and finance teams.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of SaaS customer facing or similar roles, renewals-specific experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to engage with external customers alongside account team
- Fluent in commercial conversations with sales teams and able to provide necessary guidance for business outcomes.
- Good understanding of enterprise IT and big data technologies including Spark, AI, data science, data engineering, Hadoop, Cassandra etc
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and customer relationship skills
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a fast-paced environment.
- Conversant with business issues our customers face today and likely big data use cases in different industries
- Aptitude for and interest in financial analysis and outcomes to help customers understand the ROI of Databricks.
- Appreciation for and interest in the underlying drivers of business success across industry sectors
- Fluent in English, Spanish, and a bonus of Portuguese
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.