Full Stack Software Engineer - IT
Location: San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
At Databricks, we are passionate about helping data teams solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers — and customer obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
At Databricks Information Technology, we are a product led organization transforming the way we work from how easy it is to use our IT services to the applications we develop that help us scale seamlessly in face of incredible growth.
The impact you will have:
- As a full stack software engineer (70% FE / 30% BE), you will work with your team to build amazing tools/applications for internal company use. We are building a custom development team in Information technology and you will work on a broad set of interesting projects that will be challenging and provide competitive advantage to us not ordinarily derived from SaaS products
- Build full stack applications on cloud native distributed systems for compensation tooling, performance management, and focal management
- Build real-time integration services with Databricks platform
- Build quality framework that enables real-time identification of source/destination data issues
- Build tools or implement low code/no code options to help automate several business processes
- Build amazing and simple to use interfaces to applications that promote massive adoption of products
- Support/scale internal tools that are built on cloud native distributed systems
What we look for:
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of application development experience with ReactJS, Flask, Python, Java, Go and MySql
- Experience developing scalable and resilient applications
- Distributed system fundamentals
- Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service-Oriented Architectures
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with security and systems that handle sensitive data
- An ability to influence IT Product Managers and business partners
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.