Manager, Technical Solutions
As a Manager of the Spark Technical Solutions team, you will manage a team of Technical solution engineers and create technical solutions for any issues reported by Databricks customers. You will resolve challenges with comprehensive technical and customer. You will assist our customers in their Databricks journey and provide them with the guidance and expertise that they need to accomplish value and achieve their strategic goals using our products.
The impact you will have:
- As a manager and member of the leadership team, you will be directly managing Technical solution engineers, team leads and operations personnel.
- Manage directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements to team-level metrics, being an escalation point with customers and other teams, and optimising and developing support processes.
- Working across multiple teams including Engineering, product management, sales and customer success; manage Hiring, mentoring and onboarding new support engineers.
- Meet one-on-one with your direct reports, conducting annual reviews and career development discussions throughout the year
- Be a hands-on manager to assist the team members in resolving issues related to Spark core internals, Spark SQL, Structured Streaming, Delta, Lake house and other Data bricks runtime features.
- Manage best practices guidance around Spark runtime performance and usage of Spark core libraries and APIs for custom-built solutions developed by Data bricks customers; contribute in the development of tools/automation programs.
- Manage Engineering JIRA tickets and bring quicker resolutions to customer reported issues; help create knowledge base articles.
- Participate in weekend and weekday on-call rotation and run escalations during Data bricks runtime outages, incident situations, and plan day 2 day activities and provide escalated level of support for important customer operational issues.
What we look for:
- Min 10 or more years of experience in building, testing, and maintaining Python/Java/Scala/Spark-based applications in a typical project delivery and consulting environments.
- 3 years of hands-on experience developing and leading any two or more of the Big Data, Hadoop, Spark,Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Streaming, Kafka, Data Science, ElasticSearch related industry use cases at the production scale. Spark experience is mandatory.
- Experience in performance tuning/troubleshooting of Hive and Spark-based applications at production scale. Real-time experience in JVM and Memory Management techniques such as Garbage collections, Heap/Thread Dump Analysis.
- Experience working with Data lakes and any SQL-based databases, Data Warehousing technologies like Informatica, DataStage, Oracle, Terradata, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Experience working with any cloud technologies AWS or Azure or GCP.
- Experience implementing CI/CD, Monitoring for Production Systems. Technical lead in design, implementation and support of large-scale data and analytics solutions that are reliable, flexible, and scalable.
- Experience managing end-to-end projects and have reported and escalated to top levels.
- Experience managing teams in an organisation involving multiple reporting lines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; very good analytical & organisational skills.
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.