Senior Revenue Accounting Manager - EMEA
Databricks is looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting professional with in-depth SaaS knowledge and a customer-centric mindset to improve our contract review and support the sales cycle. This role is the first of its type in EMEA and comes with high visibility, reporting to our Global Director of Revenue Assurance. You will support Databricks' growth, while creating scalable and efficient processes in the EMEA region. You will partner with Sales, Deal Desk, Legal and Revenue Operations on deal structure to ensure revenue recognition and financial reporting goals are met.
The impact you will have:
- Support the Sales organization by advising on complex accounting and finance compliance issues during contract/deal negotiations in order to ensure deals are structured in accordance with Databricks’ policy and U.S. GAAP (ASC 606) to maximize revenue.
- Partner with Deal Desk, Legal, and IT to identify gaps and develop and improve reporting and processes to minimize manual workarounds and maximize transactional efficiency
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business partners
- Review customer contracts across varied business models, product lines and distribution channels to ensure documentation and accounting for non-standard contracts
- Assess the ongoing state of the local business and compliance requirements to support the operations
- Provide management insights and recommendations for improving scalability and efficiency
- Support the external reporting requirements for the quarterly and annual audits
- Support the continued enhancement of CPQ.
- Support the rollout of new products, services, and go to market models with consideration of our financial reporting objectives and efficient deal processes
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience in both public accounting and corporate revenue accounting roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of current revenue recognition guidance for enterprise software and SaaS arrangements (eg. "ASC 606" or “IFRS 15”).
- Experience in working with Sales to assist with deal negotiations, providing guidance to ensure deal structures and commercial terms result in contracts which meet company policy and objectives
- Deal review and operational accounting experience in a growing SaaS technology business.
- Experience in performing control activities in the quote-to-cash process. For example: review and approval documentation, deal checklists etc.
- Experience with Salesforce and subscription billing platforms is strongly preferred, usage-based SaaS contract experience a strong plus
- Company funded private medical insurance (for employees only)
- Company funded private dental plan (for employees only)
- Company funded health cash plan (for employees only)
- Life, disability and critical illness coverage
- Company pension with employer contribution
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Home office & headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.