Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
Our healthcare system is the leading cause of personal bankruptcy in the U.S. Every year, over 50 million Americans suffer adverse financial consequences as a result of seeking care, from lower credit scores to garnished wages. The challenge is only getting worse, as high deductible health plans are the fastest growing plan design in the U.S.
Cedar’s mission is to leverage data science, smart product design and personalization to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Today, healthcare providers still engage with its consumers in a “one-size-fits-all” approach; and Cedar is excited to leverage consumer best practices to deliver a superior experience.
Cedar is seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Strategic Finance team! This individual will play a meaningful role in driving a data-driven approach to our long-term business strategy and ensure execution on those goals. This person will own Cedar’s annual corporate planning, financial model & forecasting, capital allocation and assist with evaluation growth opportunities and pricing strategy. They will also be a point of contact for our Board and management team on insights related to Cedar’s performance.
Our ideal candidate is highly strategic, analytical and data focused in order to keep a pulse on our near-term performance and help Cedar execute on its long-term strategic vision. This is a critical cross-functional role, as such this individual will communicate and work with various teams within the organization, our investors and board.
- Own and improve upon Cedar’s financial model that underpins FP&A’s core deliverables
- Design monthly and quarterly financial reports (variance analysis, forecast) and dashboards with impactful insights and critical metrics for Cedar’s leadership
- Partner with leaders across the entire organization to develop strategy, hiring plans and financial targets including budget vs. actual analyses and headcount reporting
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to teams, and recommend appropriate course of action when results vary from forecast
- Collaborate on ad hoc analysis that drive business decisions across sales, product, capital allocation, expansions and pricing
- Improve predictability / forecasting capabilities of financials and business metrics
- Assist in preparing materials for the executive team, including board decks, investor materials and other executive updates
- Help drive equity and debt fundraising processes from end-to-end
- Implement systems and processes to scale planning & reporting across teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-4 years of experience, preferably in investment banking, high-growth corporate finance, private equity or venture capital.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to utilize data to determine decisions
- Outstanding financial modeling and forecasting skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and developing modeling skills and advanced querying
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite) and financial planning software.
- Positive attitude with desire to work across multiple teams and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range*: $123,250 - $145,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.