Product Manager, Big Bills
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is looking for a Product Manager to lead product development for a new, highly technical initiative aimed at (a) making large bills more affordable for the most vulnerable U.S. patient populations and (b) eliminating excessive bills. At a high-level, the role will involve:
- Strategy: developing product strategy by researching market needs, sizing potential opportunities, and aligning with Cedar competencies
- Discovery: driving product discovery with patients, providers, payers, partners, and our commercial team to identify problems worth solving and validating solutions
- Development: working with your squad (design, engineering, and data science) to execute on the roadmap and launch high quality products
- Collaboration: working with commercial + client teams to gain an understanding of the key problems to focus on + influence how we position, sell and deliver the product, especially with respect to differentiation
- Work cross-functionally with nearly every function (ex: Commercial, Makers, Legal, Security)
- Drive product strategy by generating market insights via client engagement + desk research
- Investigate and scope which key problems your product area should solve
- Develop + execute on roadmap with dev team (Eng, Design, Data) in-line with Cedar strategy
- Define measurement strategies for team and launches, while teaming with Data to draw insights
- Define GTM for your product with Commercial to ensure flawless delivery + customer value
- Develop + share thought leadership around your product + its market
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of product management experience in a rapid-growth startup environment
- Experience working with technical architects and an understanding of data models
- Comfortable solving big, ambiguous problems via experimentation and limited data
- Track record of successfully delivering complex software products (especially 0 to 1 initiatives)
- Experience working directly with engineers and designers to ship customer-facing applications
- Strong analytical and data driven approach
- Strong executive communication + project management skills with leadership teams
- Prior B2B2C product experience in an enterprise client-facing role
- Prior knowledge of the healthcare space (providers, insurance companies, tech companies…)
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary Range: $144,500 - $170,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of PTO per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.