Senior Software Engineer (Payer Intelligence Layer)
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
Cedar is making major improvements to the patient financial experience. On the Cedar Pay Engineering Pillar, we hope to eliminate the burden of billing for patients and providers by delivering a comprehensive, personalized, and connected financial experience.
As part of our vision to create a smoother patient billing experience, we are in need of a Senior Software Engineer to join our Payer Intelligence Layer squad focused on reducing friction between healthcare providers and health insurers. We hope to enable patients by helping them understand how insurance has been applied to their bills and giving them easy options to use their HSA/FSA funds.
In this position you will:
- Drive complex initiatives from ideation to completion while mentoring and growing other engineers
- Design and build new end-to-end features that leverage data from health insurers
- Scale the impact to our patients by leading new data integrations
- Collaborate with product, design, and commercial partners to discover and develop new product opportunities.
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
You’ll be successful in this role if:
- You have experience leading large technical projects with a strong ownership mentality, focused on delivering value (we don’t have a hard requirement, but generally this comes with at least 6+ years of professional software development experience)
- You have experience with at least one major coding language (We mostly use Python and Typescript, but knowing these is not a requirement)
- You have experience working on technical projects across the stack
- You enjoy collaborating with both technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- You are excited about our mission and are passionate about solving problems to improve the healthcare financial experience
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $195,500 - $ 230,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.
Something looks off?