Manager, Product Strategy & Operations
U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedar’s mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on people’s lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystem–from providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
We are seeking a razor-sharp, self-motivated Manager of Product Strategy & Operations to join our growing PS&O team. Our team leads a broad and strategic scope, including:
- Product Marketing: working across our Makers and Commercial teams to launch new products and ensure that our current and prospective clients see how Cedar products can transform the way their organizations engage patients
- Product Operations: empowering our Makers Team – Engineering, Product, Design, and Data Science – to be as effective as possible, driving outstanding product execution through thoughtful, user-centric processes
- Product Strategy: leading our quarterly and annual strategic planning & roadmapping efforts, incorporating market insights and feedback along the way
Our ideal candidate is a compassionate teammate, a trusted cross-functional collaborator, and a data-driven storyteller who thrives in ambiguity and dynamic environments. The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape and believes in Cedar's mission to improve the patient experience.
This role is remote-friendly and will report to the Director of Product Strategy & Operations.
- Your initial scope will be focused on Product Marketing and Product Strategy – take immediate ownership of positioning, messaging, market insights, and enablement for the Cedar Suite
- Meet with current and prospective clients as a product expert to speak to our innovation roadmap and solicit feedback
- Conduct market research and competitive diligence to inform Cedar’s value proposition
- Publish monthly digests of market feedback on our product suite
- Support new product and feature launches from alpha to beta to GA – working as a strategic partner to our Product Managers and trusted consultant to the Commercial and Delivery organizations on go-to-market strategy
- Drive the optimization of key company assets like our pitch deck, product demo, release notes, and more
- Foster outstanding internal and external communication around our evolving product direction, including intake mechanisms for new development requests, roadmaps, documentation, release notes, etc. - partnering with commercial and delivery teams and interfacing with clients where appropriate
- Support strategic product initiatives as needed through program management and analysis
- Support our quarterly and annual strategic planning and roadmapping processes, codifying and socializing their outputs with internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in revenue cycle, patient engagement, fintech, or navigating large healthcare enterprises
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in product marketing, management consulting, finance, healthcare technology, or other similar high-growth environment
- Experience collaborating directly with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and other technical teams
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills; must be comfortable speaking with clients and large internal audiences; creates formal networks and leads forums with senior company decision makers and department leaders
- Applies leading edge knowledge and broad expertise to lead and contribute to key company OKRs around product differentiation
- Ability to act independently across Commercial and Makers teams to design workstreams, build processes, and drive end-to-end execution of strategic initiatives
- Willingness to travel to our NYC HQ (or be based in NY) and visit client sites on occasion; credibly serves as external spokesperson for the Product organization in such settings
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results – you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds
- Positive “can do'”demeanor, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Mastery of Google Slides/Sheets or Powerpoint/Excel; experience with Salesforce, Looker, and Jira a plus
Compensation Range and Benefits
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $150,000 - $175,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health days–we encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: be@cedar (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, we’ve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedar’s valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedar’s ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.
Something looks off?