Global Account Manager
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
Achieving sales, account growth and client success objectives within the top 15 Bio-Pharma accounts. This includes identifying and qualifying opportunities, and efficiently leveraging resources in order to bring opportunities to successful conclusion. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction - consistent with Benchling leadership principles! You will be responsible for covering the established accounts global presence although we are looking for this person to reside within the West or Midwest, close to headquarter locations.
- Manage the global partnership between Benchling and 1-2 global accounts with the goal of remaining a trusted partner and advisor for the long term
- Hold accountability for developing and implementing account vision, strategy and execution
- Ensure that all resources serving the account have clarity on the long term account plan objectives and implement rigorous internal governance to drive innovation, collaboration and enable execution excellence
- Identify and foster relationships that provide direct access to executive level decision makers and key stakeholders across the business, IT and procurement teams
- Navigate complex sales cycles, communicate contextual value propositions, negotiate key contracts and annual renewals
- Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.com.
- Representing Benchling in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics.
You are drawn to our mission and you want to help Benchling win new business. You are committed to working in a collaborative environment, working together as a team. You have a love for working in a fast-paced environment and taking the initiative to get stuff done and try new things. You are passionate about powering new possibilities in biotech faster.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 15+ years of combined experience across sales, account management and consulting services
- 3+ years selling enterprise software or data management applications, preferably Saas
- Deep understanding of the biopharma industry and experience with digital transformation
- Passion and enthusiasm for solving customer challenges
- Proven track record of cultivating C-suite relationships, ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Strong negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to execute and close multi-million dollar contracts
- Ability to drive strong communication and collaboration across multiple internal and external teams in a complex, global environment
- Ability to communicate high value business propositions to C-level executives
- Ability to travel internationally.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary is $175,000. However, because this role is eligible to participate in Benchling's commission plan, it is common for employees in this role to receive total on-target earnings of $390,000.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-EB1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.