Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling’s mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world’s most innovative biotech companies use Benchling’s R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
The Enterprise Professional Services team is looking for an experienced Project Manager (PM) to work closely with our Global Program Managers, our partners in our Customer Experience (CX) and the broader Go To Market (GTM) teams, in overseeing the implementation of the Benchling platform at our enterprise-scale customers. These implementations are technically and organizationally complex, often spanning multiple global regions over 1-2 year periods, and may include partners. With our rapid growth trajectory, this is an excellent opportunity to have a foundational impact on operational efficiency and success of our team in delivering value to our customers.
In this role, you will have a key operational role in our implementation projects, responsible for PM activities (e.g., resource management, staffing, timeline and budget, status reporting, etc.), as well as working with multiple partners including our Global Program Managers to develop PM tools and processes to roll up into an associated playbook to make PM activities easier for all Benchling CX members. You will act as a key point of contact for our customer’s PMOs and a key partner to Benchling resources.
You are an expert project manager who has worked on multiple large-scale projects in parallel, partner well with multiple functions, and are able to help drive software implementations to completion. You are adept at all things PM-related and stay up to speed on the latest methods and tools in your craft. You enjoy a challenge and thrive on establishing processes that make both your and other’s lives easier. You are a consummate teammate, outstandingly organized, and strive to make valuable contributions to projects and our broader company.
- Apply PM toolset to drive project operations and optimize team members’ time and efficiency in delivering project goals.
- Work within the global and named account team to ensure projects are delivered on time or early, as well as at or below budget.
- Liaise with customer PMOs to ensure best practices across the partnership and provide guidance to ensure Benchling project success.
- Impact will be measured qualitatively as a project enabler who makes projects more successful. Quantitative impact will be measured in project hours and cost efficiency.
- Enable Global Program Managers, Account Executives, and Customer Success Managers on enterprise programs to be focused on strategic delivery and expansion while you drive all project tactics.
- Lead the activities of the Benchling project team and drive execution of the project plan
- Set clear expectations with internal and external team members, and hold them accountable for schedules and project results.
- Lead customer escalations, diagnose project issues and risks, develop contingency plans, and implement changes to drive risk mitigation.
- Actively handle project financials, including team utilization, budget vs actual hours, project margin, travel and other expenses.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and training with >2 years experience (PM) in the life sciences R&D industry
- BA or BS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar life science field preferred, or equivalent professional experience working with Life Sciences R&D processes and/or healthcare technology
- Experience using advanced collaboration and task-centric tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Slack, Salesforce, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience building out new project management processes, tools and/or iteratively improving existing ones
- At least 3 years of software implementation experience, preferably with a SaaS software company
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, multi-tasking and time management
- Proven skills at contingency planning
- Experience in managing customer expectations
- Experience in or familiarity with agile/scrum methodology, waterfall, and hybrids
- Working knowledge of software delivery risk management
- Ability to work at customer sites, or in the SF or Boston offices based on customer and project needs. Expected travel 25-30%.
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location. For this role the base salary range is $113,475 - $153,525.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
#LI-TD1 #LI-Hybrid #BI-Hybrid
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Something looks off?