Director of Technical Accounting
Location: Remote in the US
The ideal candidate should have a bias for action, a sense of collaboration, and voice to influence and make recommendations in a dynamic environment. The candidate will have the demonstrated ability to effectively interact with multiple teams and various levels of management. Does this sound like you? Please apply!
- Expertise evaluating financial and accounting aspects of business structures and contracts.
- Responsible for technical review, and financial reporting, of various accounting matters to ensure compliance with US GAAP and other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Proactively identify, research, consult and prepare / review technical memorandums on proposed and or completed transactions and issues.
- Contribute to the quarterly technical accounting update program covering the various regulatory bodies. Monitor, understand, and interpret new and proposed accounting pronouncements in partnership with internal teams and external auditors.
- Perform ad-hoc technical accounting research and provide guidance to Corporate Accounting team and Business Unit groups within the company.
- Active involvement in business acquisitions, as applicable.
- Facilitate trainings on relevant accounting topics to personnel, as needed.
- Provide insight to or participate in preparation of new or existing accounting policies with Accounting Policy Governance team based on evolving industry standards and practices and inspire changes in those areas.
- Responsible for 606 revenue policy research and adoption
- Progressive experience – Senior Manager level Big 4 accounting firm. Industry experience in a multi-national, high growth public company a plus.
- Advanced understanding of accounting processes and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to assess contracts and influence recommended changes as required.
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with high degree of accuracy; ability to meet deadlines.
- Judgment and critical thinking coupled with strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent team player who can build and leverage alliances.
- Strong multi-tasking and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Licensed active CPA
A little more about Axonius:
- Remote-first culture. We have offices in New York, Tel Aviv, Austin, São Paulo, and Washington DC, but the majority of our employees are working from home across the US and Internationally.
- Great people. Our people aren’t just great professionals, they are great people. We are all here to support each other, ready to help and do what’s best for the entire company.
- A focus on career growth. We love seeing our people grow into new roles and work hard to ensure everyone sees and can realize a long term career path here at Axonius. We offer ongoing growth opportunities, including mentorship programs, a learning and development stipend, and company-wide courses..
- Next level benefits. 100% coverage of 3 different tiers of employee healthcare premiums. Dental, vision, and 401k match.
- Top-notch family leave options. 17 weeks of parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers. Additional time off for important life events like marriage, birth of a grandchild, and more!
- We give back. Corporate social responsibility partnerships, employee giving opportunities , and volunteer time off.
- Competitive compensation. Market rate salaries, bonuses, or commissions. Stock options for all full time employees with equity refresh opportunities.
- DEI focused. Highly supported Employee Resource Groups (ERG). Executive-level diversity and inclusion goals. Training, events, and mentorship options.
A little more about Axonius:
Axonius gives customers the confidence to control complexity by mitigating threats, navigating risk, automating response actions, and informing business-level strategy. With solutions for both cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) and SaaS management, Axonius is deployed in minutes and integrates with hundreds of data sources to provide a comprehensive asset inventory, uncover gaps, and automatically validate and enforce policies. Cited as one of the fastest-growing cybersecurity startups, with accolades from CNBC, Forbes, and Fortune, Axonius covers millions of assets, including devices and cloud assets, user accounts, and SaaS applications, for customers around the world.
Headquartered in New York, New York, Axonius employs over 600 people worldwide. Axonius has been recognized with the Great Place to Work Certification™ and was named to Dun’s Best Start Up Companies to Work for Over 100 Employees. Most recently, Axonius was ranked #3 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list as well as included on Inc. magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list. Axonius has been cited as the fastest growing cybersecurity company in history by revenue.
At Axonius we support a diverse and inclusive workplace and believe in equal employment opportunity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
By submitting your application to us, you acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Global Job Candidate Privacy Notice.