Security Analyst Intern
Security Analyst Intern
Hybrid (Primarily in-office 2-3x a week to provide assistance to IT Leader.
Apprentice helps life science manufacturers get therapeutics to patients faster by providing one platform to turn molecules into medicine. Our Tempo Manufacturing Cloud accelerates the end-to-end drug product lifecycle by connecting together distributed teams and sites, helping them execute better on the shop floor, and optimizing their operations through enterprise-wide visibility. From preclinical benchtop to large-scale commercial manufacturing, Tempo keeps your global teams connected, empowered, and in sync.
With $207M in funding, a 3.4x growth YoY rate, and 218% net customer retention, Apprentice is revolutionizing manufacturing in Life Sciences. We’re a roll-up-your-sleeves culture that's dedicated, mission-driven, and relentless on our path to changing the world.
About the role:
As a Security Analyst Intern, you will play a critical role in monitoring, analyzing, and automating security tasks. You will work closely with our Security Leader to learn best practices and requirements of security operations at a cloud first organization. This role is hybrid with the expectation to be in the office 2-3 days a week as needed.
- Monitor Security Systems: Monitor and analyze the organization's security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security technologies, to identify any unusual or suspicious activities.
- Incident Response Support: Support the incident response team in handling security issues, including initial analysis, containment, eradication, and post-incident reporting.
- Research and Reporting: Stay updated with the latest security trends, threats, and technologies. Assist in preparing reports on security performance metrics and incident findings, providing insights for improvement.
- Collaborate on Security Projects: Work collaboratively with the security team on various projects, including the development and refinement of security policies and procedures, and contribute to security awareness initiatives within the organization.
- Hardware Management: Handle physical aspects of our company assets, including processing returns/shipments, and ensuring the physical security of these assets.
- Asset Configuration: Aid in wiping, configuring, and refining company assets as part of our strategy to maximize the use of existing hardware.
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or 1+ years of hands-on experience
- Basic understanding of IT service management and cybersecurity principles.
- Hands-on experience or strong interest in hardware management and IT inventory systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively with team members.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.